Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Video Game High School

Woah! Have you checked this series out on Netflix yet?
I was almost as geeked about this concept as when I first watched Wreck It Ralph. Talk about some ultimate brain power behind that hamster wheel.
Think of what it would have been like to go to high school specifically for gaming; from Rhythm Method, Drift Racing, FPS, and Unknown Fighting Class. Um, yes please! Not only are these kids literally gaming all day and knocking their peers down in expulsion rank with each win, it seems that they have an unlimited supply of Monster Energy Drink. Did I mention the vending machines on campus with hot pockets in a can??
So now you understand my slight excitement.
Talk about poor delivery. Yikes. On Netflix, I only have access to the first two seasons. Each season has maybe 5 or 6 episodes that are probably 30 minutes long. I'm far from impressed with the selected cast for what could have potentially been a major hitter in my book of epic.
What brought me to VGHS, you ask? The one and only Zachary Levi
I found out he had a part in the series and jumped all over it like a maggot to dead flesh. I was more than heart broken when his role wasn't very active, but only in Season 1 twice. Once during a classroom setting for FPS 101 and the other during the JV vs. Varsity tryouts. With an absolutely painful accent, mind you.
Did you pull out your hair watching VGHS too? Let me know in the comments.
Stay tuned for the final thoughts after Season 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment